Volunteers at the Lincolnshire Wolds Railway’s Carriage & Wagon Department are celebrating the completion of the restoration of a rare MKI BSK coach at its Ludborough workshops.

Built by Charles Roberts in 1957, No 35123 was used as the main line support coach for preserved Black Five No 44871, prior to its move to the Lincolnshire Wolds Railway in 2006.

Now turned out in ‘smart blood & custard’ livery, the coach has completed steam and brake tests and will used in the LWR’s running set in the coming season, which starts in March.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This